Monday, January 19, 2009

Home and Hearth

Paige: Whew! Looks like we're all moved in.

Monica: Well, mostly. Place is still a mess. I keep stubbing my toes on boxes. My poor, poor toes.

Paige: If you'd helped more, maybe there wouldn't be any boxes and your poor toes would be perfectly safe.

Monica: Oh? If you'd stop trying to look slinky in front of the fireplace, maybe RB would be helping out more. He's the one with the big, strong back after all. See, I have proof...


Paige: Oh. Well, it was a very nice fire. I was just... getting comfortable.

Monica: I'd say you were trying to get RB comfortable, too. You were asking him if he liked the dress after all. And is that a new hairstyle?

Paige: Oh, yes, do you like it? Thought I'd see how I'd look with out the highlights, and it frames my face very nicely. And the dress! Of course I was asking RB about it. It was a wonderful Christmas gift from Zoe and Mandie. I can't thank them enough for it. You're one to complain. Didn't you like the dress they got you? And let's not forget those sexy shoes.

Monica: Blush Well, of course. The dress is great.

Paige: That's it? Just great?

Monica: Ok, ok. I love it. And I love how RB looks at me when I wear it. He gets this look in his eye which is oh so cute. Thank you Zoe! I have to worship at the feet of anyone who can help getting giving RB that look. I just didn't want to say anything.

Paige: Why? You're the last one I ever expect to hold anything back.

Monica: You know!  You just get so... I don't know. Smug.

Paige: Me, smug? Well, sometimes you deserve being put in your place, but I'm the last one to be throwing stones in this case. I do love how RB looks at us in those dresses. In case anybody was wondering, here is sis, looking pretty slinky herself, if I do say so.

Monica: Hey, let's not forget to show off those shoes. They are so pretty...


Paige: That they are, sis. Hey, didn't I see you trying out a new hairstyle yourself?

Monica: Well, yes. Not sure about it, though.

Paige: Well, mind if we all have a look and see?

Monica: Oh, ok. Here. I hope it doesn't look too bad. Be gentle.


Paige: Oh, that is so cute. You're adorable!

Monica: See! I don't want to be adorable. I want to be amazingly desirable.

Paige: Well, I'm not the one to ask. What does RB have to say?

Monica: He just gets shy and smiles. I have no idea what that means.

Paige: If I know him, it's a very, very good sign. I've noticed that the sexier he finds you, the quieter he seems to get. There was this one time... well, let's just say I think he likes it. Alot.

Monica: Well, ok. If you say so. Uhmm... I was just thinking. Do you think we should be showing off pictures of the house?

Paige: Ooh, you're right. We did promise, didn't we. I was just thinking about that whole privacy thing, though. You know. Do we really want all those people out there looking inside our house?

Monica: I love our house. We should show it off as much as we can. But I can see what you mean. Seems creepy, doesn't it, showing complete strangers around? But how about this? We can start with the living room, and then do pictures of us in a different room in future blogs.

Paige: RB was complaining about carrying us up the stairs, but yeah, that would be cool. Kinda like a fashion show, but the model is the house.

Monica: Heh Nice idea. Ok. Here is the living room. Kinda. Ignore the clutter, and the bad viewing angle.

Paige: You saying I'm not a good photographer?

Monica: Well, now that you mention it...

Paige: Ok, ok, you're right. Not my forte, I know. But this is what we got, so deal. 


Monica: There you go. The first of a series. Our lovely living room. And maybe one day my sis will learn how to take a picture and we'll show you a better one in the future.

Paige: Ok, I take back what I said about your being slinky.

Monica: Sorry, no take backs. I'm slinky and you're a lousy photographer.

Paige: Sigh. Ok, I'll practice. At least digital cameras make that easy. Kinda like some dolls I know.

Monica: Why you...!

Paige: Hee hee! Ok, we're signing out before my sister beats me up. See you all later!

No comments: