Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Here's to Dolls!

Paige: People suck.

Monica: Yes, sis. They do that sometimes. They're usually not very good at it, but...

Paige: Lalalala... I don't want to hear any more! Geez, can't you think of anything besides sex? I wasn't talking about that.

Monica: Well, you're the one talking about sucking. What else sucks?

Paige: People. In general. They suck. Well, some people, at least. It just makes me sick how bigoted and mean some humans can be.

Monica: Oh. Yeah, that's true. RB was telling me something like that. You talking about that thing with the Doll Forums?

Paige:  Yep. Maybe you can tell me why a group of people would pretend to go onto the forums and post fake questions just so they can laugh at the responses on another forum? 

Monica: Sorry, sis, I can't. I can't imagine why anyone would do that with better things to do, like go on a date, drink alcohol, and have sex. Hmmm... maybe that's your answer. They can't get dates, and they're jealous of people who can always have the company of a beautiful woman who will never turn them down?

Paige: Heh. You may be right. What's terrible though is that they were martial artists. Mixed martial artists, mind you, but still. I know those mixed martial art types have like ADHD when it comes to martial arts and stuff, but you'd think they'd have more respect than that. RB mentioned that he's never met a mixed martial artist in his life who wasn't full of himself, but I really had higher hopes. You'd think that any study in martial arts would instill in people a sense of respect for others, but I guess not.

Monica: It's never too late to be disappointed, Paige.

Paige: Yeah, I guess so. Sigh...

Monica: Well, cheer up, girl. I wouldn't let it get you down. We're the ones having all the fun, after all. Personally I'd rather be infamous than ignored.

Paige: Yeah, I guess so. RB was pretty bummed, though. For the first time I think he understood what many in the gay or minority community have felt. What it means to be dehumanized because you're different. 

Monica: Then we're all in good company. But look at it this way. The only people being dehumanized are the people making fun of us, and they're doing it to themselves. We don't have to lift a finger.

Paige: Huh. Yeah, good point. I guess that's what they mean when they say "what goes around comes around."

Monica: Damn straight, girl. Now you're getting it.

Paige: So when did you get to be so wise?

Monica: When I realized that I had better things to think about than worrying. Take our new dress. Now that's something to brag about. 

Paige: Uhm, ok. I guess you're right. Absotively right, in fact. Cheers to that!

No comments: